During business hours, we’re here to help.
We are fully equipped to handle most emergencies during business hours. Dr. Chris has over a decade of experience in emergency medicine, having worked as an emergency doctor at several emergency and specialty practices within New Jersey. Additionally, he has traveled throughout the country providing continuing education on emergency medicine for veterinary staff.
What is a pet emergency?
If something feels “off” with your pet? Don’t wait to call us right away (during business hours). Here are a few things to look for when diagnosing an urgent situation:
- Ingestion of a toxic or poisonous substance, from human foods such as xylitol, chocolate or garlic to household cleaning agents or automotive fluids
- Hot-weather fainting, seizures and other signs of heatstroke
- Fractures, lameness, severe lacerations and other signs of serious trauma
- Bleeding from the orifices
- Choking, gagging and other respiratory crises
- Eye injury
- Inability or refusal to drink water or eat food
- Lengthy periods between delivery of puppies or kittens in a litter (difficult labor)
- Unexplained disorientation, dizziness or loss of consciousness
Ready to come see us?
Use our online appointment request form to request your next appointment in minutes. We look forward to seeing you soon!